Kinko's Market and Business Growth
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This essay discusses the marketing strategies of Kinko's. It outlines the history of the company, analyzes the phases of Kinko's marketing strategies and discusses what improvements Federal Express Kinko's can make to its marketing strategy. The paper suggests that Kinko's move beyond printing services and expand more aggressively into the supply chains of enterprises. Further, the paper suggests Kinko's position itself to provide guidance on how companies can save on costs, and that the company create individual worker starter packages that companies can buy for their employees to better serve the telecommuting trends.
From the Paper:"From their initial marketing strategy of concentrating on competing with student bookstores and on-campus student supplies services to becoming more concentrated on small business needs (Wines, 1996) Kinko's began to embrace small businesses as a new target market during the early 1980s and continued to grow this marketing strategy through the 1990s. What was critical however for Kinko's in modifying their marketing strategy from students to small businesses was the focus on rapid service, cost savings and expanding services that aided their customers become more efficient in getting their projects done."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Justin Baer (2008, June 3). FedEx renames Kinko's division. Financial Times,28. Retrieved October 29, 2008, from ABI/INFORM Global database. (Document ID: 1489175751).
- Mark T Michelson (2007, August). Adobe, FedEx Kinko's Pact Creates Firestorm. Printing Impressions, 50(3), 26. Retrieved October 28, 2008, from ABI/INFORM Global database. (Document ID: 1328558861).
- David Rynecki (2004, January). Behind the Deal: Does this package make sense? Fortune, 149(2), 132. Retrieved October 27, 2008, from ABI/INFORM Global database. (Document ID: 526201871).
- Mike Troy (2007, September). FedEx Kinko's delivers the business goods. Retailing Today, 46(13), 18-19. Retrieved October 28, 2008, from ABI/INFORM Global database. (Document ID: 1347514421).
- Wines, Leslie (1996). Paul Orfalea: Kinko's sells out with capitalists' tools. The Journal of Business Strategy, 17(5), 48. Retrieved October 28, 2008, from ABI/INFORM Global database. (Document ID: 10212102).
Cite this Marketing Plan:
Kinko's Market and Business Growth (2010, August 06) Retrieved November 23, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/marketing-plan/kinko-market-and-business-growth-128739/
"Kinko's Market and Business Growth" 06 August 2010. Web. 23 November. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/marketing-plan/kinko-market-and-business-growth-128739/>