An Analysis of Spielberg's Film "Jaws"
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper examines the 1975 Steven Spielberg film "Jaws" and focuses on four major cinematographic dramatic elements that heighten the suspense of this classic film. The paper analyzes the dramatic musical score, the camera movement, the filming at water level and the point of view cinematography. The paper discusses how "Jaws" has had a tremendous impact on American film and is known as one of the best films of all time.
From the Paper:"Despite this classic blockbuster's rather comical mechanical villain, the main theme of underwater carnage the vintage film presents still retains the capacity to make many swimmers think twice before dipping their toes into the ocean. Widely considered to be the first modern Hollywood blockbuster (Koenig), Jaws set the bar respectably high for a film of its time. Between Steven Spielberg's insightful directing, Bill Butler's brilliant cinematography and John Williams' musical score, this thriller will keep audiences' knuckles white, gripping the edge of their seats for years to come.
"The film's synopsis can be briefly summarized in two sentences: Young, beautiful Chrissie escapes from a party on Amity Island - a fictional resort - for a refreshing solo skinny dip, unintentionally becoming the Great White's first bloody victim. Though the characters of the film are thrown off by catching the wrong shark at first, eventually everybody wins in the end when the real Great White is blown to bits utilizing a scuba tank and a rifle."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Berardinelli, James. "Jaws". ReelViews.net. 16 October 2008. 07 May 2013.<http://www.reelviews.net/php_review_template.php?identifier=57 >. Web.
- Boyce, Laurence. "Jaws On Blu-Ray...". SabotageTimes.com. 02 Oct. '12. 08 May '13.<http://sabotagetimes.com/film/jaws-on-bluray-the-best-ever-blockbuster-just- got-better/ >. Web.
- Freer, Ian. "Jaws Filmmaking 101". EmpireOnline.com. n.d. 06 May 2013.<http://www.empireonline.com/features/jaws-filmmaking-101/p1 >. Web.
- Koenig, David. "Camera Techniques Used in Jaws". eHow.com. n.d. 06 May 2013.<http://www.ehow.com/list_6828291_camera-techniques-used-jaws.html >. Web.
- Murphy, A.D. "Review: 'Jaws'". Variety.com. 27 June 2007. 08 May 2013.<http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117792123.html?categoryid=31&cs=1 >. W.
Cite this Film Review:
An Analysis of Spielberg's Film "Jaws" (2013, July 28) Retrieved June 17, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/film-review/an-analysis-of-spielberg-film-jaws-153626/
"An Analysis of Spielberg's Film "Jaws"" 28 July 2013. Web. 17 June. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/film-review/an-analysis-of-spielberg-film-jaws-153626/>