Therapeutic Effects of Music
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper describes the author's experience of attending a classical music concert and the emotions that were felt from listening to the music. The author gives a background of the orchestra that played, then explores the impact and influence of music on its listeners and its therapeutic effects as well. The paper concludes with a discusison of how classical music appreciation is becoming more widespread.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Harper, Celia. The Healing Power of Music. Positive Health. 3 Feb. 2007 <http://www.positivehealth.com/permit/Articles/Sound_and_Music/ harper68.htm>.
- Weiss, Michael J. "Death of the Arts Snob? - American attitudes of the theater." American Demographics (June 2001).
- Hoffman, Janalea. "Therapeutic Use of Music." POST-POLIO HEALTH 22.1 (Winter 2006): 51-54.
- Watson, Richard. Learning with Mozart . July 1999. BBC. 3 Feb. 2007 <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/387632.stm>.
- Vanasco, Jennifer. American classical music: Exploring roots, reflections. Jan. 1998. Chicago Chronicle. 3 Feb. 2007 <http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/ 980108/musymp.shtml>.
Cite this Essay:
Therapeutic Effects of Music (2007, July 16) Retrieved January 29, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/essay/therapeutic-effects-of-music-96866/
"Therapeutic Effects of Music" 16 July 2007. Web. 29 January. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/essay/therapeutic-effects-of-music-96866/>