The Historic City of Boston Essay by Write Fine
The Historic City of Boston
The paper discusses the history of Boston, Massachusetts from its founding in 1630.
# 111749 | 1,453 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2009 |
Published on Jan 29, 2009 in History (U.S. After 1865) , History (U.S. Before 1865) , History (U.S. American Society, 1640-1750)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper looks at Boston during the 17th century and discusses the early 1770s, when Boston gave birth to some of the most vehement demonstrations to wrest the colonial governments away from British control, such as the Boston Massacre and the Boston Tea Party. The paper also outlines the situation in Boston after independence was won, during the Civil War and after the outbreak of War II. The paper concludes that it seems the city will continue to play an important role as an educational and cultural powerhouse.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Banner, David. "Boston History." Search Boston. 2008.http://www.searchboston.com/history.html
- "Boston, Massachusetts: City History." CityLight.com 20 Apr 2008. http://www.bycitylight.com/cities/us-ma-boston-history.php
- "Boston Brahmins." Murder at Harvard. People & Events. 20Apr 2008.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/murder/peopleevents/p_brahmins.html
- Browne, Lynne. "Technology Explosion." The Economic Adventure. Published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. 2003. http://www.economicadventure.org/gazette/ch3.pdf
- Domosh, Mona. "Shaping the Commercial City: Retail Districts in Nineteenth-Century New York. Annals of the Association of American Geographers. 80. 2. Jun., 1990. pp. 268-284.
Cite this Essay:
The Historic City of Boston (2009, January 29) Retrieved March 22, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/essay/the-historic-city-of-boston-111749/
"The Historic City of Boston" 29 January 2009. Web. 22 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/essay/the-historic-city-of-boston-111749/>