$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer explains that a leader has qualities that guide others to become the best they can be. The writer notes that while some people sit back and wait for someone to tell them what to do, a leader begins a project even though he or she may make mistakes. The writer points out that while Princess Diana made mistakes, she boldly admitted her mistakes. Princess Diana was a leader who cared about others, which can be seen in her charity work. The writer states that she boldly visited patients with AIDS while many people were afraid to be around them. Further, she took a stand against landmines and helped to pass a treaty to delete them. The writer concludes that taking a look at Princess Diana's life shows that she genuinely had the qualities of a successful leader.
From the Paper:"Many leaders begin to build the qualities of a leader during childhood. This was certainly true of Diana. Diana attended her first boarding school at Riddlesworth Hall in Norfolk where she excelled at swinging, diving, and ballet. Diana finished her education at the West Health Public School in Kent where she excelled in sports. Diana continued to train as a leader by being a nanny in London after graduating from school. She also worked at the Young England kindergarten in Knightsbridge. Early in her life Diana cared for children and others."
"Princess Diana was a leader who overcame her problems and found new identity in helping others. Princess Diana believed in focusing on the future and not the past. An example of this is when she sold 79 of her gowns and gave the funds to charity."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "A Timeline of Diana's Life." Jan 23, 2007. <http://members.tripod.com/~royalty01/timeline.html>.
- Clark, Donald. "Concepts of Leadership." (2005). <http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/leadcon.html>.
- "Diana Sought Limelight ... and Tried to Escape It." CNN.com. (1997). <http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9709/diana/on.her.own/index.html>
- "Princess Diana." (1997). <http://ww.paralumun.com/diana.htm>.
- "The Life of Diana, Princess of Wales." (1997). <http://www.bbc.co.uk/politics97/diana/ob-child.html>.
Cite this Essay:
Princess Diana as a Leader (2008, February 27) Retrieved May 09, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/essay/princess-diana-as-a-leader-101527/
"Princess Diana as a Leader" 27 February 2008. Web. 09 May. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/essay/princess-diana-as-a-leader-101527/>