Day Care Essay by Writing Specialists
An analysis of the importance of day care centers in the educational and emotional well-being of a child.
# 91721 | 1,800 words | 4 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Feb 05, 2007 in Education (Teaching Methods) , Education (Early Childhood) , Education (Social Issues)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the needs of children attending a day care center. The paper looks at the physical, social and emotional needs in a toddler that need to be catered to and how important it is that the day care center provide the toddler with the necessary care and education. The paper also discusses problems with day care centers, in terms of government requirements, availability and teacher education. The paper also supports the importance of a desegregated approach to education and care where children from diverse backgrounds mix together.
From the Paper:"Toddlers and preschoolers need to learn reading and math skills through everyday events such as cooking and playing with blocks, and telling stories and reading books. Caregivers should help children learn acceptable manner to act, sharing, resolving conflicts and using words not physical behavior. High-quality centers also give time for less-structured activities for exercise, creativity, interaction with other children and problem-solving skills. Both in and outdoor environments must be uncluttered and well organized, consisting of a variety of materials for developing large and small muscles, creative activities and age-appropriate play."
Sample of Sources Used:
- McCarthy, J., Cruz, J.& Ratcliff, N. (1999) "Early Childhood Teacher Education Licensure Patterns and Curriculum Guidelines: A State by State Analysis."
- Washington, DC: Council for Professional Recognition, Washington, DC.
- National Center for Early Development & Learning (2001). Preparing the Workforce. Spotlight Series, No. 33. Chapel Hill, NC.
- National-Louis University. Center for Early Childhood Leadership (2001). "Who's Caring for the Kids? The Status of the Early Childhood Workforce in Illinois." Wheeling, IL:
- Zaman, A., & Ruhul, M. (2003) Ethnic composition of the clientele and the managerial challenges of private urban child care centers: Some strategic implications Education. [electronic version]
Cite this Essay:
Day Care (2007, February 05) Retrieved May 28, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/essay/day-care-91721/
"Day Care" 05 February 2007. Web. 28 May. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/essay/day-care-91721/>