The San Joaquin Kit Fox
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper describes the den, diet, appearance and character of the San Joaquin kit fox. The paper focuses on how the fox's habitat has been degraded by urban development and farmland that is ever increasing. The paper relates that although man has been a great contributor to the diminished numbers of the San Joaquin kit fox, they have also been its dominating advocate for projects to protect them such as artificial dens.
From the Paper:"The San Joaquin Kit Fox or desert fox or Vulpes macrotis mutica makes its home near the chaparral, grasslands, and the scrublands in the valley for which it is named; San Joaquin in California (Blue Planet). Usually the San Joaquin Kit Fox makes a home out of a den but on occasion, because of the human encroachment on its territory, the San Joaquin Kit Fox makes its home in man made structures. These structures vary according to the fox's size or preference, and can include irrigation pipes, culverts, as well as hollow spaces under buildings and they have even been known to live in storm drains (but with ill success) (Blue Planet). The San Joaquin Kit Fox den is a multi-chambered residency to ensure there is enough room for the pups."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Blue Planet Biomes. (2006). San Joaquin Kit Fox Profile. (Online). Available: http://www.vulpes.org/foxden/information/san-joaquin-kit-fox.htm.
- Burde, John H. & George A. Feldhamer. (2005). Mammals of the National Parks.Johns Hopkins University Press, Maryland.
- Cypher, Brian L. et al. (October 2000). Population Dynamics of San Joaquin KitFoxes at the Naval Petroleum Reserves in California. Wildlife Monographs,A Publication of the Wildlife Society. Massachusetts.
- National Geographic Society. (1995). Wild Animals of North America. The NationalGeographic Society. Washington D.C.
- Office of World Wildlife Fund Guide to Endangered Species of North America. (2006). San Joaquin Kit Fox. (Online). Available: http://www.vulpes.org/foxden/information/san-joaquin-kit-fox.htm.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
The San Joaquin Kit Fox (2009, November 22) Retrieved May 24, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/the-san-joaquin-kit-fox-117215/
"The San Joaquin Kit Fox" 22 November 2009. Web. 24 May. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/the-san-joaquin-kit-fox-117215/>