The Life of a Photojournalist
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that, even compared to the hectic life of a college student who wants to become photojournalist, the life of this type of professional is busy, stressful and unpredictable. Thus, the author asks if it is possible to have a life beyond this career. To find the answer, the author reviews the professional and personal life of her mentor, successful career photojournalist Grace Witwer Housholder, her husband and their children. The paper concludes that, even compared to the demanding days and nights of a college student, Housholder's life as a photojournalist, cooperate director, extensive volunteer, mother of four children and avid traveler sounds exhausting.
From the Paper:"Just like exchange students, traveling and adventure are passions that her and Terry share completely. Together they've literally traveled the world. Through a partnership between KPC and Edgerton's Travel, a travel agency based in Fort Wayne and South Bend, Indiana, which makes partnerships with media companies, Grace and Terry travel to different locations to help promote trips-- all the while exploring new places and meeting interesting people."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "About the Author." Funny Kids. 19 Mar 2009 <http://www.funnykids.com/author.html>.
- Allan , Stuart , and Barbie Zelizer. Journalism After September 11. Kindle Edition. Chicago: Taylor & Francis, 2007.
- Housholder, Grace. "I have a question!." E-mail to author. 19 Mar 2009.
- Housholder, Grace. Personal interview. 07 Mar 2009.
- Housholder, Terry. "I have a question!." E-mail to author. 19 Mar 2009.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
The Life of a Photojournalist (2009, July 05) Retrieved April 20, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/the-life-of-a-photojournalist-115063/
"The Life of a Photojournalist" 05 July 2009. Web. 20 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/the-life-of-a-photojournalist-115063/>