Quality of Airbus A380
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper describes the technical abilities and advantages of the Airbus A380. The Airbus A380 has lower fuel consumption and operating costs per passenger. The paper discusses additional plans Airbus has for improving the aircraft's performance and safety while making it more environmentally-friendly. When comparing the Airbus A380 to the Boeing B747, the paper concludes that the Airbus will render the B747 obsolete. An illustration of the Airbus A380 and the Boeing B747 is included.
From the Paper:"The Airbus A380 is the first twin deck and twin airliner in the world and is now labelled as the newly designed super jumbo airline of the world. It has technical abilities in having very low fuel consumption and lower operating costs per passenger seat. The Airbus A380 has a non stop range of 8000 nautical miles and its production was launched in December 2000. Commercial production of the aircraft commenced in January 2002 and its first flight took off from Toulouse in April 2005. Before it was commercially used by Singapore Airlines the aircraft had completed over hundred flights on test. A proud Singapore Airlines commenced its first flight with the A380 on 25th October, 2007 from Singapore to Sydney.
"The A380 is powered by the Trent 900 engine of Rolls Royce and has received appropriate certification from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). The Airbus A380 with the GP7200 General Electric and Pratt & Whitney Engine Alliance received approval of the FAA and EASA in December, 2007 and such aircraft were supplied to Emirates Airlines which commenced its Dubai-New York flights in August, 2008."
Sample of Sources Used:
- http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/06/03/327310/airbus-reveals-a380-linked-pilot- systems-secrets.html
- Airbus A380 Superjumbo Twin-Deck, Twin-Aisle Airliner, Europe, http://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/a380/, Accessed on 20 October 2009.
- Corporate Information, Airbus, http://www.airbus.com/en/corporate/, Accessed on 20 October, 2009.
- Peter, Airbus A380 and Project Stakeholder Management, http://www.projectstakeholder.com/2008/01/16/airbus-a380-and-project-stakeholder-management/, Accessed on 20 October, 2009.
- Verghese Vijay, Mirror mirror on the wall, http://www.smarttravelasia.com/AirbusVsBoeing.htm, Accessed on 20 October, 2009.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Quality of Airbus A380 (2011, June 24) Retrieved February 21, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/quality-of-airbus-a380-147745/
"Quality of Airbus A380" 24 June 2011. Web. 21 February. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/quality-of-airbus-a380-147745/>