Peter the Great
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses and analyzes the topic of Peter the Great, his life and contribution to Western Civilization. The paper notes that Peter the Great ruled Russia as a Tsar and Emperor for nearly 50 years, and he brought reforms and modernism to his country, but many of his reforms were controversial. In addition the paper comments that he made some great accomplishments, but his reign was contentious, at best.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Editors. "Peter the Great." Saint-Petersburg.com. 2008. 1 May 2008. <http://www.saint-petersburg.com/history/peter1st.asp>
- Hughes, Lindsey. Peter the Great: A Biography. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2002.
- --. "Peter the Great: A Hero of Our Time?" History Review (1999): 42.
- Mines, Linda Moss. "Peter the Great of Russia." Girls Preparatory School. 2008. 1 May 2008. <http://staff.gps.edu/mines/Age%20of%20Abolutism%20-%20Bio%20Peter%20the%20Great.htm>
- Raeff, Marc, ed. Peter the Great, Reformer or Revolutionary? Boston: D. C. Heath, 1963.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Peter the Great (2009, February 24) Retrieved July 02, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/peter-the-great-112426/
"Peter the Great" 24 February 2009. Web. 02 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/peter-the-great-112426/>