Oprah Winfrey: A Leader By Choice
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper describes how Oprah Winfrey has attained wealth, success and fame, but asserts that more importantly, she has used the seven characteristics of leadership; vision, perseverance, performance, principals, passion, education of subordinates and leader selection/development. The paper relates that by internalizing these seven key strengths, Winfrey has a proven record of turning weaknesses into strengths, and this is how she became one of the world's most prominent leaders.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Ennis, John III, & Terry, Joseph C. (Director). (2005). The Oprah Winfrey Show:20th Anniversary Addition. [motion picture]. United States: Paramount.
- Foster, Shivonne. (2007). Winfrey Delivers Commencement Speech to Over 27,000. (2007). Retrieved April 24, 2008 from The Hilltop Online. Web site: www.thehilltoponline.com/media/storage/paper90/news/2007/05/12/Campus/Winfre.Delivers.Commencement.Speech.To.Over.27000-2902584.shtml.
- Oprah Opens School for Girls in South Africa. (2007). Retrieved April 24 from MSNBC. Web site: www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16435995.
- Oprah Winfrey. (n.d.). Retrieved April 24 from Graduation Wisdom. Web site: www.graduationwisdom.com/speeches/0024-winfrey.htm.
- Oprah Winfrey. (n.d.). Retrieved April 24 from Academy of Achievement. Web site: www.achievement.org/autodoc/win0bio-1.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Oprah Winfrey: A Leader By Choice (2009, January 29) Retrieved August 22, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/oprah-winfrey-a-leader-by-choice-111779/
"Oprah Winfrey: A Leader By Choice" 29 January 2009. Web. 22 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/oprah-winfrey-a-leader-by-choice-111779/>