Never Give Up, Never Give In
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses how perseverance is what motivates a person to keep trying after being defeated over and over again. It covers the stories of Winston Churchill, Barack Obama, and Dan Millman in demonstrating how perseverance enabled them to achieve their goals. The writer also includes his own personal experience with persevering and discusses what it means to him.
From the Paper:"People who have lived through events requiring perseverance can always voice their opinions or feelings on what it is and why it is important. Some of the most important historical figures in the 19th and 20th centuries have things to say which will be remembered for eternity. The historically famous American general Douglas MacArthur, Supreme Allied commander of the Pacific during World War II, said "Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul" (qtd. In ThinkExist.com). While the passing of time makes the human body weaker and frailer after a while, quitting something can destroy someone's soul and the will to go on. MacArthur most likely realized giving up was not an option in his battles against the Japanese. Winston Churchill, one of the most magnanimous and praised world leaders in history also felt what MacArthur experienced. "
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Barack Obama." Biography Resource Center. Farmington Hills: Contemporary Black Biography, 2005. Biography Resource Center. Thomson Gale. 2 Feb. 2007.
- Keegan, John. "The Time 100." Time. 13 Apr. 1998. 2 Feb. 2007 <http://www.time.com/time/time100/leaders/profile/churchill.html>.
- Millman, Dan. Way of the Peaceful Warrior. Novato, CA: New World Library, 2000.
- "Profile: Barack Obama." BBC NEWS. 10 Feb. 2007. BBC. 20 Feb. 2007. <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3936013.stm>.
- The Quotations Page. 1999-2005. 10 Feb 2007. http://quotationspage.com
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Never Give Up, Never Give In (2007, December 23) Retrieved June 03, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/never-give-up-never-give-in-100282/
"Never Give Up, Never Give In" 23 December 2007. Web. 03 June. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/never-give-up-never-give-in-100282/>