$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). also called bio or natural medicine, as a group of differing health care systems, practices and products, which are a holistic answer to conventional medicine. The author points out that biomedicine or conventional medicine is a reductionist model, which focuses on individual parts with little or no attention to the connection among these parts. The paper relates several natural medical approaches for processes such as childbirth and death and for various diseases from pharyngitis to cancer.
From the Paper:"A re-evaluation of the environment requires a re-evaluation of health care. The obsolete "one-ill-one-pill-one-bill" physicians' formula should be abandoned for a more realistic view. The study of disease must include and encompass the environment, the host and the culture. It should necessarily include a search for deeper solutions than merely a technological fix. It should recognize and apply the principles of diversity, accept human limitations, trust in nature's healing power and consider the ecosystem as a whole."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Gillentine, A. 2007, Integrating Alternatives into Western Medicines, Colorado Springs Business Journal, Dolan Media Newswires. Retrieved on September 28, 2008 from http://www.findartcles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4190/is_20070810/ai_n194081047?tag=content;col1
- Green, J. 2003. Ecological Perspectives on Naturopathic and Allopathic Medicine. Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, The Townsend Letter Group. Retrieved on September 29, 2008 from http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_mOISW/is_2003_Feb-March/ai_997436
- Gruss, T. L. 2008. US Ranks Last in Preventable Deaths Due to a Flawed Medical System, Natural News, Natural News Network. Retrieved on September 25, 2008 from http://www.naturalnews.com/022561.html
- Harmon, S. and Ward, C. 2007. Complementary and Alternatives Medicine: Awareness and Attitudes. Academy of Health Care Management Journal: The Dream Catcher's Group, LLC. Retrieved on September 25, 2008 from http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2TOQ/is_2_3/ai_n25491194?tag=content;col1
- Leavitt, K. P. 2002. Natural Therapies May Soon Be Safer, More Affordable, Natural Health, Weider Publications. Retrieved on September 25, 2008 from http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_mONAH/is_3_32/ai_84212081?tag=content;col1
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Natural Medicine (2009, February 05) Retrieved December 09, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/natural-medicine-111959/
"Natural Medicine" 05 February 2009. Web. 09 December. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/natural-medicine-111959/>