$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper exclaims that the author personally finds it hard to believe that Vancouver is not the best city of all because it offers a peaceful life, breathtaking scenery with a wealth of outdoor activities, beautiful beaches and snow-capped mountains, diverse multicultural neighborhoods, restaurants and shopping areas, world-class entertainment and first world quality services. The author points out that, by early spring, having survived the admittedly wet and rainy winter, Vancouverites are found on sidewalks all over the city, sipping their lattes in the cheerful spring sun and displaying their winter-pallid arms with impunity. The paper stresses that, if the city planner's could just get details like sanitation up to scratch, it might even make it to number one, and, in the meantime, it's full steam ahead to the Olympics in Vancouver in 2010. The paper includes many color pictures.
From the Paper:"And Vancouver's not just a laid back place where you can drink the best coffee in the world and get away with murder (well, driving under the influence and grand theft, anyway). The second thing you'll notice - probably while you're sipping your delicious and moderately priced latte - is that it has scenery to die for. The city is ringed by beautiful snow-capped mountains, as well as gorgeous beaches. Sparkling (albeit icy) water flows up from the Strait of Georgia into the Burrard Inlet, ensuring that there is beach front right in the heart of the city."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Berson, Misha. "Vancouver, B.C.'s Commercial Drive is a retro, multiethnic kick." Seattle Times. 10 November 2005. Retrieved from http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=nwwvancouver10&date=20051110&query=commercial+Drive
- Canada Place Corporation web site. Retrieved from web site: http://www.canadaplace.ca/cpc/
- CBC News. 24 March 2003. "B.C. Premier Fined for Drunk Driving." Retrieved from http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2003/03/24/campbell030324.html
- Globe and Mail. "Disgraced Former MP Moving to France." 18 April, 2007. Retrieved from http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070418.wsvend0418/BNStory/National/
- Mercer Human Resource Consulting. "2007 World-Wide Quality of Living Survey." 2 April 2007. Retrieved from http://www.mercerhr.com/summary.jhtml?idContent=1173105
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
My Vancouver (2008, May 29) Retrieved December 06, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/my-vancouver-103896/
"My Vancouver" 29 May 2008. Web. 06 December. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/my-vancouver-103896/>