$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper gives an account of the life of Leonardo Da Vinci, most famous for his paintings the "Mona Lisa" and "The Last Supper". A description of Da Vinci's beginnings is included as well as his rise in the art circle in Italy. The author also notes that although Da Vinci had a prominent career as an artist, he created a lasting impact on more than just the art world. Da Vinci was also actively researching on topics such as botany, anatomy, medicine and architecture. In closing, the paper describes Da Vinci as a forerunner to many new areas of study and was a vital contributor to the development of modern science and technology.
From the Paper:"Leonardo Da Vinci, born in the Vinci region of Florence on April 15, 1452, came from modest beginnings. The illegitimate son of Piero Da Vinci, a notary, and Caterina, a peasant woman, little is known about his early years. It is not surprising, however, that Da Vinci's propensity for the arts and sciences was nurtured and able to flourish in Renaissance Italy. Tuscany, the area surrounding Florence, produced the great minds of Dante Alighieri, Giovanni Boccaccio, and Niccolo Machiavelli, and was a center of Italian culture throughout the Middle Ages."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Brucker, G. A. (1984). Florence: The Golden Age, 1138-1737. New York: Abbeville Press.
- Caetani, D. G. (1924). The Myriad-Minded Leonardo Da Vinci, Foreruner of Modern Science. The Scientific Monthly, 19, 449-464.
- Gordon, D. J., & Orgel, S. (1982). Leonardo's Legend. ELH, 49, 300-325.
- McGrath, E. (2002). Ludovico il Moro and His Moors. Journal of the Warburg and Courtauld Institutes, 65, 67-94.
- Ottino della Chiesa, A. (1967). The Complete Paintings of Leonardo da Vinci. New York: Harry N. Abrams.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Leonardo Da Vinci (2009, November 15) Retrieved December 05, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/leonardo-da-vinci-117112/
"Leonardo Da Vinci" 15 November 2009. Web. 05 December. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/leonardo-da-vinci-117112/>