Intrusion Detection Protocol (IDP)
Reviews the Intrusion Detection Protocol (IDP), a valuable tool to combat security threats to computer networks.
# 105157 | 1,680 words | 5 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Jun 30, 2008 in Computer and Technology (Programming) , Computer and Technology (Internet) , Computer and Technology (Networks)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper briefly explores the security threats posed to computer networks worldwide and provides an overview of how and why Intrusion Detection Protocol (IDP) is a valuable tool to combat security threats. The paper relates that IDP techniques will allow network administrators the tools necessary to harden their networks, thereby protecting personal, business, and global computer networks and resources.
From the Paper:"Said dependence has made laptops, iPods, personal websites (such as facebook and myspace), E-mail, electronic marketing, and cellphones part of our everyday life. While one could certainly argue about the upside in all these advents in making us increasingly global, it also makes us vulnerable in ways that we have not been before.
"Myspace pages, for instance, get phished, leaving us socially and professionally vulnerable."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bryant, Mitch. (2003, April 23). IDS: The integrated partner for your firewall. Tech Republic. Retrieved August 22, 2007 from, <http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,2133752,00.htm>
- Expert: Botnets No. 1 emerging Internet threat. (2006, January 31). CNN Access. Retrieved August 22, 2007 from, < http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/01/31/furst/>
- Richard C. Hollinger. (1991, June). A Review. Hackers: Computer Heroes or Electronic Highwaymen? Computers & Society, Vol. 21, No. 1, 6-17.
- McCarten, James. Pitch-black darkness in 2003 an eye-opener for governments, power producers. (2004, January 2). The Canadian Press.
- Miller, Bruce. (2007, February). Malware : viruses, worms, Trojan horses. Canberra: Australian Institute of Criminology. Retrieved August 22, 2007 from, < http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/htcb/htcb010.html>
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Intrusion Detection Protocol (IDP) (2008, June 30) Retrieved October 20, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/intrusion-detection-protocol-idp-105157/
"Intrusion Detection Protocol (IDP)" 30 June 2008. Web. 20 October. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/intrusion-detection-protocol-idp-105157/>