Dirty War in Argentina Descriptive Essay by Nicky
Dirty War in Argentina
This paper is about the uprising in Argentina in 1976 and what became of it.
# 148103 | 1,179 words | 10 sources | MLA | 2011 |
Published on Aug 31, 2011 in Political Science (Non-U.S.) , History (Latin America)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper opens with a brief history of Argentina beginning in 1515 and then skips to the 20th century. In 1976, a military uprising began in Argentina and was called the "Dirty War". The dirty war is what the rest of the paper focuses on. It briefly discusses human rights violations and issues Argentina faced from that point on. It concludes that Argentina is trying to heal its wounds and move on.
From the Paper:"In 1944 while he was Secretary of labor and social affairs, he met Maria Eva Duarte who became his mistress. On the following year, they were married after his arrest and succeeding release from detention. In 1946, Juan was elected to Presidency with his wife, Evita Peron, as his strong political supporter. Evita's machinations led to some improvements in the government and support for him and his position. However, Evita died of cancer in 1952 (Del Testa, et al., 2007:144)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Del Testa, D. W. et al. Government Leaders, Military Rules, and Political Activists. Lives and Legacies. Westport, Conn. Greenwood Publishing Group: 2007.
- Lewis, Paul H. Guerillas and Generals: The Dirty War in Argentina. Westport, Conn. Greenwood Publishing Group: 2002.
- Arditti, Rita. Searching for Life : The Grandmothers of the Plaza De Mayo and the Disappeared Children of Argentina. Berkeley University of California Press: 1999.
- Jessup, John E. An Encyclopedic Dictionary of Conflict and Conflict Resolution, 1945 to 1996. Westport, Conn. Greenwood Publishing Group: 1998.
- Fares, G.C. et al. Contemporary Argentinian Women Writers: A Critical Anthology. Gainesville University Press of Florida: 1998.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Dirty War in Argentina (2011, August 31) Retrieved June 05, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/dirty-war-in-argentina-148103/
"Dirty War in Argentina" 31 August 2011. Web. 05 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/dirty-war-in-argentina-148103/>