Cavity Detection Technology
This paper explores the saliva test, quantitative light fluorescence and digital radiography as improvements in dental technology and cavity detection.
# 107967 | 1,357 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2008 |
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper describes new technology for predicting and preventing dental cavities. The paper first discusses the caries assessment and risk evaluation (CARE) exam, which tests saliva in order to predict future cavities in children. The paper then looks at quantitative light fluorescence, which can identify a problematic area even before it becomes a cavity and advanced digital technology that help dentists find cavities in more cases. The paper concludes that while digital technology and quantitative light fluorescence enable earlier detection of cavities and therefore earlier treatment for patients, ultimately the saliva test is the simplest, least expensive and potentially most revolutionary.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Anderson, Travis "Second-Hand Smoke May Cause Cavities in Children." Press Release. University of Rochester Medical Center. 1 May 2001. 3 Aug 2007.http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/pr/news/archive/sec_smoke.html
- "Kids with Cavities Overweight, Not Underweight." Science Daily. 26 Mar 2006.3 Aug 2007. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/03/060322175109.htm
- "Kodak Offers Innovative Digital Technology for Its Dental Digital RadiographySystems; Digital technology helps dentists identify cavities in 20% more cases than with traditional methods." Business Wire. 21 July 2006. FindArticles.com. 03 Aug. 2007. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2006_July_21/ai_n16619058
- Stookey, G.K "Optical Methods--Quantitative Light Fluorescence." Journal of Dental Research 83(Special Issue C):C84-C88, 2004. 3 Aug 2007.http://jdr.iadrjournals.org/cgi/content/full/83/suppl_1/C84
- "Tooth Decay in Young Children Increasing." AAPD American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Press Release. 20 Mar 2006. 3 Aug 2007. http://www.aapd.org/media/pressreleases.asp?NEWS_ID
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Cavity Detection Technology (2008, September 18) Retrieved November 21, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/cavity-detection-technology-107967/
"Cavity Detection Technology" 18 September 2008. Web. 21 November. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/cavity-detection-technology-107967/>