Careers in Community Health Descriptive Essay by write123
Careers in Community Health
A descriptive essay relating the requirements for pursuing a career in the public health sector.
# 106782 | 1,750 words | 7 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Aug 14, 2008 in Education (Higher) , Medical and Health (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses community health and deals with the promotion of health in the community and states that it is a system to ensure that the community is in a state of well being and has the capacity to live and work. The paper further states that it is society's obligation to create an organized system to maintain health and prevent illness but this encompasses a multitude of sectors. The paper concludes that for a person to pursue a career in public health, it is imperative that he obtains a college degree or attend an undergraduate course that is supplemented with other courses such as biology and mathematics.
From the Paper:"For a person to pursue a career in public health, it is imperative that he obtains a college degree. A person may take any undergraduate course. However, it should be supplemented with other courses such as biology and mathematics, depending on what area of public health that person would like to focus on. A person who wishes to have an edge for career advancement in public health should at least obtain a Masters degree. Having a graduate degree will enable a public health professional to further broaden his knowledge on local, national, and global legislative and social policies; he will be able to apply advance research methods; he will be able to develop multidisciplinary and collaborative strategies for tackling health issues, and he will be able to develop leadership skills necessary for health promotion and disease prevention."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Association of Schools of Public Health. (2008). What is Public Health? [Online.] Retrieved 29 March 2008 from the Web site: http://www.whatispublichealth.org/contact.html.
- Centers for Disease Prevention and Control. (2001). Ten Great Public Health Achievements - United States, 1900-1999. [Online.] Retrieved 30 March 2008 from the Web site: http://www.cdc.gov/MMWR/preview/mmwrhtml/00056796.htm.
- Leeder, S. (2007). "The scope, mission and method of contemporary public health." Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 31(6): 505-508.
- National Institutes of Health. (27 January 2005). Introduction: Two Centuries of Health Promotion. [Online.] Retrieved 29 March 2008 from the Web site: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/phs_history/intro.html.
- University of Pittsburgh. (2008). The History of Public Health. [Online.] Retrieved 30 March 2008 from the Web site: http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec4171/index.htm.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Careers in Community Health (2008, August 14) Retrieved June 10, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/careers-in-community-health-106782/
"Careers in Community Health" 14 August 2008. Web. 10 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/careers-in-community-health-106782/>