Biography of Malcolm X
A review of the life of Malcolm X and his fight for equality and respect for African-Americans.
# 112181 | 2,009 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2009 |
Published on Feb 16, 2009 in African-American Studies (Racism) , African-American Studies (Historical Figures) , African-American Studies (Civil Rights)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses and analyzes the life of Malcolm X, discusses the context of Malcolm X's life and describes his character. The paper notes that Malcolm X is still remembered as one of the founding fathers of the Civil Rights Movement, however his outspoken criticism of the American government and its dealings with Black Americans cost him his life, but created a legacy that is still powerful and significant even today. The paper highlights that his character was molded by the experiences of his life, and became more flexible as he matured.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Alkalimat, Abdul ed. "Malcolm X: A Research Site." BrotherMalcolm.net. 2008. 28 April 2008. <http://www.brothermalcolm.net>
- Baber, Zameer. "From Malcolm X to El Hajj Malik El Shabazz: The Transformation of Malcolm X." TU Kaiserslautern University. 1998. 28 April 2008. <http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/%7Emoritz/Archive/malcolmx/zameerbabermalcolmx.txt>
- Blake, John. Children of the Movement: The Sons and Daughters of Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, Elijah Muhammad, George Wallace, Andrew Young, Julian Bond, Stokely Carmichael, Bob Moses, James Chaney, Elaine Brown, and Others Reveal How the Civil Rights Movement Tested and Transformed Their Families. Chicago: Lawrence Hill, 2004.
- Bush, Rod. "The Civil Rights Movement and the Continuing Struggle for the Redemption of America." Social Justice 30.1 (2003): 42+.
- DeLeon, David, ed. Leaders from the 1960s: A Biographical Sourcebook of American Activism. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1994.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Biography of Malcolm X (2009, February 16) Retrieved August 08, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/biography-of-malcolm-x-112181/
"Biography of Malcolm X" 16 February 2009. Web. 08 August. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/biography-of-malcolm-x-112181/>