$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper describes endodontic surgery, or apicoectomy, a procedure that is commonly used after a root canal procedure has failed or in situations where the benefits of undergoing an apicoectomy outweighs a root canal. The paper outlines the criteria involved in the decision to advise a patient to undergo an apicoectomy and relates the factors that are considered before a patient is actually allowed to have an apicoectomy. The paper then explains the prognosis of the procedure that is based on several factors.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Aetna Dental Plans. Apicoectomy. 28 Aug. 2005. 18 Mar. 2008. <http://www.simplestepsdental.com/SS/ihtSS/r.EMIHC252/st.32226/t.29811/pr.3.html>.
- De Almeida-Gomez, F., Carvalho-Sousa, B., Furtado-Leite, M.C., dos Santos, R.A., and Maniglia-Ferreira, C. "Effectiveness of Single-Versus Multiple-Visit Endodontic Treatment of Two Mandibular Central Incisors from the Same Patient." Australian Society of Endodontology. 2007.
- Porter, R.S., Kaplan, J.L., Homeier, B.P., and Beers, M.H. Merck Manuals Online Medical Library for Healthcare Professionals. NJ: Merck & Co. 2003.
- Pothukuchi, K. "Case Assessment and Treatment Planning: What Governs Your Decision to Treat, Refer or Replace a Tooth that Potentially Requires Endodontic Treatment?" Australian Society of Endodontology, 32: 79-84, 2006.
- Stock, C.J.R., Walker, R.T., Gulabivala, K., and Goodman, J. Endodontics. St Louis: Elsevier Science Health Science Division. 2004.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Apicoectomy (2009, July 02) Retrieved November 21, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/apicoectomy-115006/
"Apicoectomy" 02 July 2009. Web. 21 November. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/apicoectomy-115006/>