Andrew Lloyd Webber - His Life and Work
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper intertwines a biographical description of Andrew Lloyd Webber's life along with a description of his influences and works. First, the paper traces Lloyd Webber's early life and the impact of the musical home in which he lived as a child. It then shows how his innate talent attracted partners with whom he could create productions. The paper also tells of productions that didn't succeed. Details about Lloyd Webber's personal life, such as marriages and divorces, are also included. The paper concludes by stating that Andrew Lloyd Webber is one of the greatest composers and musical theater developers of our time.
From the Paper:"Andrew showed an early interest and talent for music and began playing the violin when he was only three and at six was already composing and by nine he had published a composition in the periodical, Music Teacher. The rest of his family was also bound in the music world as his aunt Vi exposed him to theater and he showed an extra love for musical theater going with his aunt to see several big named musicals including My Fair Lady and also musical films like Gigi and South Pacific. In the same period Andrew built a small theater in his home and began composing music for productions there. When Andrew was a teen he began to look around for a school to attend and fully committed himself to writing music."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Advamed Inc., Andrew Lloyd Webber, Notable Biographies, 2007, <http://www.notablebiographies.com/Ki-Lo/Lloyd-Webber-Andrew.html>.
- Citron, Stephen. Sondheim and Lloyd-Webber: The New Musical. New York: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Larsdotter, Asa, Andrew Lloyd Webber Biography 1997, <http://hem.passagen.se/musicals/bio_and.html>.
- McKnight, Gerald. Andrew Lloyd Webber. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1984.
- Shelokhonov, Steve Mini Biography IMDB: Andrew Lloyd Webber. 2008, <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0515908/bio>.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
Andrew Lloyd Webber - His Life and Work (2010, October 14) Retrieved November 27, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/andrew-lloyd-webber-his-life-and-work-144875/
"Andrew Lloyd Webber - His Life and Work" 14 October 2010. Web. 27 November. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/andrew-lloyd-webber-his-life-and-work-144875/>