An Exploration of H5N1 Avian Bird Flu
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the H5N1 avian bird flu disorder. It describes the history of the virus and the symptoms associated with the H5N1 virus. The treatment of the H5N1 influenza virus is also discussed. The paper concludes that the H5N1 influenza virus holds the potential for some type of future pandemic, wherein millions of people could die.
From the Paper:"In some of these areas, the H5N1 virus is endemic among domestic poultry and is often transmitted through contact with avian waste materials, such as found on poultry farms. However, the CDC wishes to make it clear that the H5N1 virus rarely spreads via human-to-human contact which makes an outbreak or some sort of pandemic more probable in areas of the world with large poultry farms or where people come into contact with birds in the wild. To make matters worse, researchers have determined that natural immunity to the H5N1 virus is extremely limited within the human population. With this in mind, it is obvious that if the H5N1 virus managed to mutate into another form of avian virus and thus replicate itself at a higher rate, the transmission rate among humans would skyrocket, due in part to the absence of an effective vaccine and the lack of any strong natural immunity."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Avian Influenza--Bird Flu." CDC. 2009. Internet. Retrieved September 25, 2009 from http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian.
- Beigel, John H., et al. "Avian Influenza (H5N1) Infection in Humans." New England Journal of Medicine. Vol. 353 (September 29, 2005): 1374-1385.
- "History of Avian Flu." 2009. Internet. Retrieved September 25, 2009 from http://www. ringsurf.com/online/2203-history_of_avian_flu.html.
- Talkington, Megan. "New Antibodies Block a Range of Influenzas." Nature. Feb 22, 2009. Vol. 3 no. 3: 45-48.
- Wang, Hong Liang and Cheng Yu Jiang. "Influenza A Virus Entry Into Host Cells." 2009. Internet. Retrieved September 26, 2009 from http://www.scichina.com:8082/sciCe/EN/abstract/abstract413004.shtml.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
An Exploration of H5N1 Avian Bird Flu (2010, February 16) Retrieved December 08, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/an-exploration-of-h5n1-avian-bird-flu-118691/
"An Exploration of H5N1 Avian Bird Flu" 16 February 2010. Web. 08 December. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/an-exploration-of-h5n1-avian-bird-flu-118691/>