A Shooting in Aurora: A Report on James Holmes and the Incident at the Aurora Theater Shooting Descriptive Essay by Carly Evans
A Shooting in Aurora: A Report on James Holmes and the Incident at the Aurora Theater Shooting
An account of the Colorado theater massacre, its aftermath, and background of the perpetrator of the massacre, James Holmes.
# 152074 | 2,851 words | 16 sources | APA | 2012 |
Published by Carly Evans on Nov 30, 2012 in Hot Topics (Gun Control) , Criminology (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper presents a detailed description of the events leading up to the Colorado theater massacre, perpetrated by James Holmes on July 20, 2012, as well as a description of the massacre itself. The paper also describes the weapons used in the massacre and the disarming of Holmes' booby-trapped apartment. A biographical portrait of Holme's is also presented. In addition, the paper discusses the arrest of Holmes, the response of actors and directors in the movie "The Dark Knight Rises", and the implications for gun control that the shooting has had.
From the Paper:"With the hype built around Christopher Nolan's last installment of the Dark Knight trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, it was no surprise that movie theaters were to expect large crowds at the first showing of this film. On July 20th, 2012 the day arrived for the film's release, and all over the country people showed up to see how Christopher Nolan would end the most popular Batman trilogy to date. Of course, as we all know now, the people in theater nine of the Century Movie Theater in Aurora, Colorado only saw tragedy and not the film they wanted to see. Thirty minutes into the film James Holmes viciously attacked the patrons inside the theater auditorium. He used multiple weapons on the crowd, causing the death of twelve people and injuring fifty-eight others."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Pearson, Michael (July 21, 2012). CNN Report http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html
- Brown, Jennifer (July 21, 2012). "12 shot dead, 58 wounded in Aurora Movie Theater during Batman premier". The Denver Post.
- Burnett, Sara; Fender, Jessica (July 20, 2012). "Aurora shooting suspect left apartment "booby trapped," music blaring". The Denver Post.
- Pilkington, Ed; Williams, Matt (July 20, 2012). "Colorado Theater shooting: 12 shot dead during The Dark Knight Rises screening". The Guardian
- Fahrenthold, David A. (July 22, 2012). "Colorado shooting spree could have been worse; shooter's gun jammed, official says". The Washington Post.
Cite this Descriptive Essay:
A Shooting in Aurora: A Report on James Holmes and the Incident at the Aurora Theater Shooting (2012, November 30) Retrieved March 29, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/a-shooting-in-aurora-a-report-on-james-holmes-and-the-incident-at-the-aurora-theater-shooting-152074/
"A Shooting in Aurora: A Report on James Holmes and the Incident at the Aurora Theater Shooting" 30 November 2012. Web. 29 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/descriptive-essay/a-shooting-in-aurora-a-report-on-james-holmes-and-the-incident-at-the-aurora-theater-shooting-152074/>