US and Canadian Electoral Process
A review of the electoral process in the United States and in Canada.
# 94581 | 1,514 words | 9 sources | MLA | 2006 |
Published on May 02, 2007 in Political Science (Election and Campaigns) , Political Science (U.S.) , English (Comparison) , Canadian Studies (Prime Ministers) , Canadian Studies (Government and Government Policy)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper takes a look at the US and Canadian electoral processes, and the differences between the two. According to the paper, the voting eligibility requirements of the United States and Canada are almost the same with regards to age, residency, citizenship and incorporation in the voters' list.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Cantor, Joseph E. (2004). The state of campaign finance. Retrieved 14 June 2006 from the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of International Information Programs Website: http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/election04/finance$.htm
- CBCnews. (2004, June 30). Voter turnout lowest since Confederation. Retrieved 14 June 2006 from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Website: http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2004/06/29/turnout040629.html
- Chief Electoral Officer of Canada. (2001). Canada's electoral system. Retrieved 14 June 2006 from the Elections Canada Website: http://www.elections.ca
- Maxwell, Kay J. (2006). The American Presidency. The New Book of Knowledge. Retrieved 14 June 2006 from Scholastic Library Publishing, Inc. Website: http://ap.grolier.com/article?assetid=a2031120-h&templatename=/article/article.html
- Miller, David. (2003, November 6). System Failure: It's not just the media, it's the whole bloody system. Retrieved 14 June 2006 from Website: http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/departments/media-communications/pdfs/davidmiller-paper.pdf.
Cite this Comparison Essay:
US and Canadian Electoral Process (2007, May 02) Retrieved January 29, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/us-and-canadian-electoral-process-94581/
"US and Canadian Electoral Process" 02 May 2007. Web. 29 January. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/us-and-canadian-electoral-process-94581/>