The Telecommunications Industry and the Internet
A case study analysis and comparison of AT&T and Telefonica and how they could benefit from a web-based implementation system.
# 119034 | 941 words | 5 sources | APA | 2010 |
Published on Mar 26, 2010 in Business (Companies) , Business (Information Mgmt. and Systems) , Computer and Technology (Internet) , Computer and Technology (Technology)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses how the explosive growth of the Internet caught many industries' experts off guard. It particularly looks at the telecommunications industry and how it could benefit from a web-based implementation system. The paper discusses the relationship between the public-switched telephone network and the Internet and finally it compares two phone companies - AT&T and Telefonica.
From the Paper:"AT&T's site loaded very quickly while it took quite a few seconds longer for Telefonica to load. AT&T also has links to view "Refurb Phones" - and option that Telefonica does not offer (or at least it wasn't found on the site after some time looking). This is a nice option for people who may want a better phone but don't want to pay full price for it (much like buying a used car). AT&T also has a link to small business services where a customer can compare plans based on their business needs and establish new service. There is also a link to the "business center" where a customer can learn about savings and support for small businesses. Business customers can also see how to increase productivity with wireless email and messaging solutions. Telefonica also has links for small businesses; however, their site is not as easy to navigate. A small detail is that, again, AT&T makes things easy to find by user large, dark font that makes it easy for the eye to pick out amongst many words and graphics. Telefonica needs to think about incorporating the same techniques to make their site more user-friendly."
Sample of Sources Used:
- AT&T. 2008. Retrieved from the web site: http://www.att.com/gen/landing-pages?pid=9213 on November 25, 2008.
- Barfield, Claude E. (2003, April 28). Internet, economic growth and globalization: Perspectives on the new economy. Springer; 1 edition.
- Loomis, David G. & Taylor, L.D. (2001, October 1). Forecasting the Internet: Understanding the explosive growth of data communications. Springer; 1st edition.
- Telefonica. Retrieved from the web site: http://www.telefonicaonline.com/on/ on November 25, 2008.
- Zittrain, Jonathan. (2008, April 14). The future of the Internet--And how to stop it. Yale University Press.
Cite this Comparison Essay:
The Telecommunications Industry and the Internet (2010, March 26) Retrieved November 19, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/the-telecommunications-industry-and-the-internet-119034/
"The Telecommunications Industry and the Internet" 26 March 2010. Web. 19 November. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/the-telecommunications-industry-and-the-internet-119034/>