Starbucks and Krispy Kreme
This paper compares the marketing strategies of Starbucks and Krispy Kreme, two current household names in the U.S.A. that are well known for the excellence of their products and customer service.
# 96051 | 2,380 words | 6 sources | APA | 2007 |
Published on Jun 20, 2007 in Business (Companies) , Business (Management) , Business (Marketing) , English (Comparison)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that Krispy Kreme's unique market is the company's display of its manufacturing process in which customers are allowed to look at the entire process of baking doughnuts through a large display window within the store. The author points out that both Krispy Kreme and Starbucks realize the importance of involving only partners with the same business philosophies, which were inherent in the original start-up of the companies. The paper relates that Starbucks' training appears to be much more effective than Krispy Kreme's program because it is designed to focus specifically on training new employees to meet customer needs. Krispy Kreme's strategy, on the other hand, appears to be more focused upon monetary profit than Starbucks' risk-taking strategies for the sake of long-term customer relations.
Table of Contents:
Table of Contents:
Sample of Sources Used:
- Cone, Edward (2002, Nov. 1). Krispy Kreme's Essential Ingredient. CIO Insight. http://www.baselinemag.com/print_article/0,3668,a=33370,00.asp
- International Guild of Hospitality & Restaurant Managers (2001). Starbucks Corporation. http://www.hospitalityguild.com/Financial/Restaurants/Starbucks%20Corporation.htm
- O'Sullivan, Kate (2005, June 1). "Kremed! The rise and fall of Krispy Kreme is a cautionary tale of ambition, greed, and inexperience." CFO Magazine. http://www.cfo.com/printable/article.cfm/4007436
- Thompson, A.A., Shah, A.J. & Hawk, T.F. (2004). "Starbucks in 2004: Driving for Global Dominance".
- Starbucks Corporation (2004).
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Starbucks and Krispy Kreme (2007, June 20) Retrieved December 08, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/starbucks-and-krispy-kreme-96051/
"Starbucks and Krispy Kreme" 20 June 2007. Web. 08 December. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/starbucks-and-krispy-kreme-96051/>