Measures of Personality Research Comparison Essay by Write Fine
Measures of Personality Research
A comparative review of two methods of measuring "personality".
# 112351 | 1,365 words | 5 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Feb 22, 2009 in Psychology (Testing)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses two personality tests. The first is the Myers-Briggs test, which is designed to measure life satisfaction and personality. The paper notes that this test uses a questionnaire and the answers are used to determine 'who' that person is from a personality standpoint. The second test is the Keirsey Temperament Sorter II. This test is designed to do basically the same thing as the Myers-Briggs test. It is not called a 'personality test,' but instead is termed a 'temperament sorter.' The paper details the demographics, when the tests are given, and for what reasons, and comments on their efficacy.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Harrington, R. & Loffredo, D.A. 2001. The relationship between life satisfaction, self-consciousness, and the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory Dimensions. Journal of Psychology, 135(4): 439-450.
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter. n.d. http://keirsey.com/faq.aspx
- Lewis, V.G. & Borders, D. 1995. Life satisfaction of single middle-aged professional women. Journal of Counseling & Development, 74(1): 94.
- Myers-Briggs Personality Test. n.d. Retrieved from: http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/reliability-and-validity.asp
- Peterson, Karen S. (2001) Type-T Personalities: 'T' is for Thrills. PsycPORT. http://www. psycport.com/2001/01/10/3ng-usatoday/eng-usatoday_072955_237_59013814386.htm.
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Measures of Personality Research (2009, February 22) Retrieved May 28, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/measures-of-personality-research-112351/
"Measures of Personality Research" 22 February 2009. Web. 28 May. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/measures-of-personality-research-112351/>