Mac versus PC: The Competition
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains, in detail, the constant battle between Mac and PC users. It illustrates the challenges of the technology industry and the strategies that each company uses to overcome those difficulties by evaluating their individual market segments. By looking at the strengths and weaknesses, marketing strategies, customer demographics and industry trends, this paper shows how, in the author's opinion, Mac has set itself up to be the leader for future business and personal computer needs.
From the Paper:" The personalization aspect of the Mac purchase makes bundling a standard feature. The typical consumer can save by purchasing additional software or accessories with their computer purchase. Other incentive programs include partnerships with businesses and educational facilities which offer direct purchase options at a discounted price in exchange for exclusive purchasing or quota fulfillment. Educational institutions who agree to exclusively use Mac products can receive discounts through direct buy programs. Businesses who agree to purchase a certain number each year can fulfill certain business needs and offer the computer purchase program as a benefit to their employees."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Apple, Inc., "Why You'll Love a Mac." Apple. 2009. Apple, Inc., Web. 12 Dec 2009. <http://www.apple.com/getamac/whymac/>.
- Arango, Alejandro. "Toshiba." Toshiba News. 05/19/2005. Toshiba America ConsumerProducts, Web. 15 Dec 2009.<http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/news/newsarticle.asp?newsid=77>.
- Cage, Michael. "Dell Marketing Strategies." An Entrepreneur's Life. 2009. Michael Cage, Web. 14 Dec 2009. <http://www.entrepreneurslife.com/thoughts/entry/dell-marketing-strategies/>.
- Canton, Dr. James. "Top Ten Computer Trends." Global Futurist. 2009. Dr. James Canton & Institutes for Global Futures, Web. 13 Dec 2009. <http://www.globalfuturist.com/about-igf/top-ten-trends/top-ten-computer-trends- for-the-21st-century.html>.
- Dubai, U. "Laptop Brands - Strengths and Weaknesses." iBummer. 12/16/2009. WordPress, Web. 15 Dec 2009. <http://ibummed.com/review/laptop-brands-strengths-and-weaknesses/>.
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Mac versus PC: The Competition (2010, May 14) Retrieved November 22, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/mac-versus-pc-the-competition-119647/
"Mac versus PC: The Competition" 14 May 2010. Web. 22 November. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/mac-versus-pc-the-competition-119647/>