Lowering the Drinking Age
An analysis of the following articles: "Effects of Minimum Drinking Age Laws" by A.C. Wagenaar and T.L. Toomey and "Indirect Effects of Lowering the Drinking Age on New Zealand Students' Alcohol-Related Behaviours and Attitudes" by K. Brownfield, K. Fern
# 112721 | 1,999 words | 6 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Mar 05, 2009 in Psychology (Alcohol and Drugs) , Child, Youth Issues (Teen, Adult Issues) , Law (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the debate surrounding the lowering of the legal minimum drinking age and, in doing so, examines and compares two peer-reviewed articles on the subject: "Effects of Minimum Drinking Age Laws" by A.C. Wagenaar and T.L. Toomey and "Indirect Effects of Lowering the Drinking Age on New Zealand Students' Alcohol-Related Behaviours and Attitudes" by K. Brownfield, K. Fernando and J. Halberstadt. The paper shows how these two articles answer a number of questions regarding the sociological and scientific research discussions about the effects that a lowered drinking age has on driving under the influence.
Results and Discussion
Results and Discussion
Sample of Sources Used:
- Brownfield, K., Fernando, K., & Halberstadt, J. (2003). Indirect Effects of Lowering the Drinking Age on New Zealand Students' Alcohol-Related Behaviours and Attitudes. New Zealand Journal of Psychology, 32(1), 22. Retrieved May 28, 2008, from Questia database: http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=5001970912
- Fagan, J. (2005, September). Adolescents, Maturity, and the Law: Why Science and Development Matter in Juvenile Justice. The American Prospect, 16, 5.
- Fillmore, M. T., Carscadden, J. L., & Vogel-Sprott, M. (1998). Alcohol, Cognitive Impairment and Expectancies. Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 59(2), 174.
- Pager, D and Lincoln Q. Walking the Talk? What Employers Say Versus What They Do. American Sociological Review 70: 2005, 355-380.
- Sarkar, S., & Andreas, M. (2004). Acceptance of and Engagement in Risky Driving Behaviors by Teenagers. Adolescence, 39(156), 687.
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Lowering the Drinking Age (2009, March 05) Retrieved December 09, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/lowering-the-drinking-age-112721/
"Lowering the Drinking Age" 05 March 2009. Web. 09 December. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/lowering-the-drinking-age-112721/>