Leadership and Gender
This paper looks at the relationship between gender and different types of leadership qualities and styles, taking into consideration the culture aspect.
# 114581 | 2,600 words | 11 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Jun 16, 2009 in Anthropology (Cultural) , Business (Management) , Gender and Sexuality (Gender Studies) , Gender and Sexuality (Theories of Gender)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer notes that many social, cultural and environmental factors impact the type of leadership qualities displayed by individuals. The writer maintains that the leadership quality most desired is the ability to have a vision and then follow through until the vision is realized through personal example or proper motivation. However, leadership qualities are also dependent on the situation and the environment. The writer discusses the differences of male-female leadership styles in terms of fair and ethical treatment within an organization's culture and climate. The writer argues that no matter what the nature of the society or the thought process of individuals who are able to coax, changes and thinking are generally never restricted by race or gender. The writer concludes that gender in reality is not as significant if the individual possesses the traits required of a leader.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Burns, J. M. (1978). Leadership (1st ed.). New York: Harper & Row.
- Child, J. (2001). Trust-the Fundamental Bond in Global Collaboration. Organizational Dynamics 29(4), 274-288.
- Fiedler, F. E. (1967). A theory of leadership effectiveness. New York,: McGraw-Hill.
- Gilligan, C. (1982). In a different voice : psychological theory and women's development. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
- Hanson, E. M. (1996). Educational administration and organizational behavior (4th ed.). Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Leadership and Gender (2009, June 16) Retrieved June 20, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/leadership-and-gender-114581/
"Leadership and Gender" 16 June 2009. Web. 20 June. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/leadership-and-gender-114581/>