Italian Fascism, Nazism and Francoism
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper provides a review of the literature concerning Italian fascism, Nazism and Franco-ism. The paper shows how despite minor differences, all three of these ideologies were totalitarian in nature. The paper discusses how Italian fascism, Nazism and Franco-ism were merely various brands of dictatorships that attempted to unjustly enrich a select few at the enormous expense of the rest of humanity.
Review and Discussion
Review and Discussion
From the Paper:"When Americans think of evil people today, Osama bin Laden and his cohorts come to mind of course, but other all-time favorites include Mussolini and Hitler who many suggest were among the most genocidal men in history. The different offshoots of totalitarianism that emerged during the early 20th century and were refined during the crucible of World War II suggest that Mussolini and Hitler shared many of the same fundamental views, just as General Francisco Franco's particular brand of authoritarianism also contained some of these ideological elements. Although Italian Fascism, Nazism and Francoism shared some similarities in their respective ideologies, there were some discernible differences as well. "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Carr, R. (2003). Nazism and the Christian heritage: Robert Carr draws uncomfortable parallels between Christianity and Nazism. History Review, 47, 24.
- Graham, H. (2004, May). Coming to terms with the past. History Today, 54(5), 29.
- Graham, H. & Labanyi, J. (1995). Spanish cultural studies: An introduction -- The struggle for modernity. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Guibernau, M. (2004). Catalan nationalism: Francoism, transition, and democracy. London: Routledge.
- Harvey, A. D. (1999, February). The lesson to be learnt from Nazism. Contemporary Review, 274(1597), 77.
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Italian Fascism, Nazism and Francoism (2008, August 12) Retrieved August 20, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/italian-fascism-nazism-and-francoism-106675/
"Italian Fascism, Nazism and Francoism" 12 August 2008. Web. 20 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/italian-fascism-nazism-and-francoism-106675/>