Islam and Christianity: Understanding Misunderstandings
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This essay describes the history behind the conflict between Islam and Christianity.The essay explores the history of Islam and Christianity, the similarities and differences between the two belief structures, and the factors leading up to the conflict. The essay finds that until each society is willing to compromise, the conflict will continue. Further, the paper holds that there is hope for a socially respectable and non-intrusive relationship.
From the Paper:"Though such direct conflict and Christian conquest eventually ceased, relations between the two cultures remained strained. Nearly a millennium later, the tension between these two present-day societies remains apparent. Through the tension of two societies that seemingly misunderstood each other, these two cultures eventually achieved what one may call a relative peace. Despite cultural misunderstandings, economic contracts between the nations flourished and many Muslims migrated to western nations such as the United States and Great Britain in search of economic opportunity (Cesari 13-16)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Birgiv Mehmet Efendi, Imam Birgivi, Tosun Bayrak. The Path of Muhammad: A Book on Islamic Morals and Ethics. Canada: World Wisdom, 2005. 94. Print.
- Cesari, Jocelyne. When Islam and Democracy Meet: Muslims in Europe and the United States. New York, NY: MacMillan Publishing, 2004. 13-16. Print.
- Fiero, Gloria. The Humanistic Tradition: Medieval Europe and the World Beyond. Book 2. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. 2006. Print.
- George, Timothy. Is the Father of Jesus the God of Muhammad? Understanding the Differences between Christianity and Islam. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan Publishing, 2002. 95-96. Print.
- Glover, John. Sufism and Jihad in Modern Senegal: The Murid Order. 1st. Rochester, NY: University of Rochester Press, 2007. 53-55. Print.
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Islam and Christianity: Understanding Misunderstandings (2010, June 30) Retrieved May 25, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/islam-and-christianity-understanding-misunderstandings-128126/
"Islam and Christianity: Understanding Misunderstandings" 30 June 2010. Web. 25 May. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/islam-and-christianity-understanding-misunderstandings-128126/>