Economic Policy in South Korea and Israel
A comparison of the state-led economic policies of South Korea and Israel during the 1960s.
# 112656 | 1,945 words | 6 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Mar 04, 2009 in Business (Finance, Investment and Banking) , Economics (International) , Political Science (Non-U.S.) , Political Science (Fiscal Policy (economy))
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper describes the hardships that both South Korea and Israel endured during the 1960s. The paper then discusses the role of government financing, investment and the use of economic nationalism in both countries and shows the similarities between the economic evolutions and the state's interventions. The paper relates, however, that the current economic situation is somewhat different; in South Korea, the decrease in government intervention led to significant corruption, while in Israel this led to economic innovation and integration in today's modern world of globalization.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Korea, South (2008). Central Intelligence Agency. The World Factbook. Retrieved May 22, 2008 from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ks.html.
- Noland, Marcus (2005). From Player to Referee? The State and the South Korean Economy. Institute for International Economics, Washington. Retrieved May 22, 2008 from http://iiea.iie.com/publications/papers/noland0905a.pdf.
- Israel (2008). Central Intelligence Agency. The World Factbook. Retrieved May 22, 2008 from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/is.html.
- Halevi, Nadav (2008). A Brief Economic History of Modern Israel. The Hebrew University. Retrieved May 22, 2008 from http://eh.net/encyclopedia/article/halevi.israel.
- Kim, A. E. & Park, G. Nationalism, Confucianism, Work Ethic and Industrialization in South Korea. Retrieved May 22, 2008 from http://www.questia.com.
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Economic Policy in South Korea and Israel (2009, March 04) Retrieved May 28, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/economic-policy-in-south-korea-and-israel-112656/
"Economic Policy in South Korea and Israel" 04 March 2009. Web. 28 May. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/economic-policy-in-south-korea-and-israel-112656/>