Declaration of Independence Vs. the Constitution
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains how the US Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution had different purposes and reasons for their respective creation. The paper discusses how the Declaration of Independence was more ideological and philosophical than the Constitution while the Constitution is detailed and lacks any kind of emotion or propagandistic qualities. The writer relates that he favors the Constitution's ideology over that of the Declaration of Independence, since the Declaration is fundamentally unsuitable for a government foundation while the Constitution is arguably one of the most successful, if not the most successful, political doctrine.
From the Paper:"When analyzing the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, it is clear that there is a difference in ideology between the two. The two documents had different purposes and reasons for their respective creation. The Declaration of Independence is a protest against the tyranny of the British monarchy and a basis for revolution. The Constitution, however, does not allow for revolution and creates a liberal government for the purpose of stability. The Declaration was created in response to events that had oppressed the colonists and inspired them to overthrow their aggressors (Jayne)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Dershowitz. Alan; America Declares Independence. 2003.
- Ellis, Joseph J., ed. What Did the Declaration Declare? Bedford Books, 1999. 110 pp. online review
- Gustafson, Milton. "Travels of the Charters of Freedom." Prologue: Quarterly of the National Archives and Records Administration 2004 (Special Issue): 8-13. Issn: 0033-1031
- Hall, Kermit L - The Power of Comparison in Teaching Civic Literacy.Accessed Feb 26, 2008. http://www.albany.edu/president/speeches/power_of_comparison0706.shtml
- Hoffert Robert W., A Politics of Tensions: The Articles of Confederation and American Political Ideas (1992).
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Declaration of Independence Vs. the Constitution (2009, September 01) Retrieved December 09, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/declaration-of-independence-vs-the-constitution-116225/
"Declaration of Independence Vs. the Constitution" 01 September 2009. Web. 09 December. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/declaration-of-independence-vs-the-constitution-116225/>