Copyright Law in the US and Canada
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper explores two specific cases in Canada and the Iparadigm case in America in order to highlight the difference between copyright law in the US and Canada. The paper contrasts the drawn out and unresolved nature of the American model with the Canadian model that is far more effective and socially constructive. The paper concludes that the justice in Canada has proven to be faster and quantifiable.
From the Paper:"The iParadigm case brings up a myriad of legal issues that also bring out the distinction between copyright law in America and Canada. The iParadigm plagiarism case of students bringing a suit against iParadigm and its turnitin service is matter of infringement on the private or individual rights of students according to protections afforded them by copyright law, and that is the central concern voiced in studies brought by the students against iParadigm and their Turnitin anti-plagiarism serve thereof. The mere fact that American law is so much more recognizant of the intellectual property of the individual copyright owner is a telling demonstration of the difference between ideal personal base for legality and an implication of ultimate tort liability in the infringement issue in America."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Gervais, Daniel. "The Purpose of Copyright Law in Canada." Ottawa University Law and Technology Journal 2007.
- Jones, KC. InformationWeek April 3, 2007: http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=198702230
- Morrow, Adrian and McLean, Jesse. "The War on Plagiarism." The Eye Opener Online. 2007: http://www.theeyeopener.com/article/3534
- Nguyen, James. "Students Sue Turnitin." December 5, 2006 e-filing.
- Righton, Barbara. "How not to catch a thief: a top anti-plagiarism service gets sued for copyright infringement.(EDUCATION)(John Barrie's Turnitin)." Maclean's 120.22 (June 11, 2007): p62(1).
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Copyright Law in the US and Canada (2009, August 27) Retrieved July 13, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/copyright-law-in-the-us-and-canada-116110/
"Copyright Law in the US and Canada" 27 August 2009. Web. 13 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/copyright-law-in-the-us-and-canada-116110/>