The Obesity Epidemic: Can We Stop It?
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper takes a look at the risk and complications that obesity, now prevalent in most modern societies may bring. Causes of obesity such as genetics and individual behavior are discussed as well as prevention methods such as healthy eating and regular physical activity. The author explains that as weight loss is more difficult to achieve and maintain in adulthood, prevention and treatment in childhood and adolescence is essential.
From the Paper:"The impact of obesity is major in modern societies. Damage to every organ system has been documented. Overweight and the various factors that cause it increase the risk for the leading causes of death. There are also complications such as high blood pressure and increased risk for type 2 diabetes. Therefore efforts should be made for obesity prevention. Governments should implement policy change to regulate food consumption; a balance of energy should also be maintained. The main issue is: large amount of excess of weight gain to be stopped."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Obesity Causes Breakdown In System Which Regulates Appetite And Weight, Science Daily 8 March 2007, http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070307075719.htm, accessed on 2 November 2007
- Slimplant 2007, http://www.1slimplantweightlossdiet.com/overweight-obesity.htm, accessed on 4 November 2007
- Overweight and Obesity: An Overview 2007, http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/obesity/contributing_factors.htm, accessed on 2 November 2007
- R C Davey, (2003) The obesity epidemic: too much food for thought?, http://bjsm.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/38/3/360 , accessed on 2 November 2007
- Obesity and Genetics: A Public Health Perspective, http://www.cdc.gov/genomics/training/perspectives/files/obesedit.htm , accessed on 3 November 2007
Cite this Cause and Effect Essay:
The Obesity Epidemic: Can We Stop It? (2010, March 11) Retrieved February 20, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/cause-and-effect-essay/the-obesity-epidemic-can-we-stop-it-118886/
"The Obesity Epidemic: Can We Stop It?" 11 March 2010. Web. 20 February. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/cause-and-effect-essay/the-obesity-epidemic-can-we-stop-it-118886/>