The Decision Making Process in the Global Context
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper uses a hypothetical example of an economic entity desiring to invest the annual profits into a new venture to illustrate how managers, in making corporate decisions, must take into account a wide series of micro and macro forces. The paper further relates that some of the micro forces include the organizational customers, the employees or the shareholders while the macro forces most often refer to economic and political policies.
From the Paper:"The developments affecting the global context have posed some challenges for the organization. In this order of ideas, globalization has raised the yet unanswered question of whether sustainable economic growth can be achieved globally, without the use of a single universal currency. Another challenge is that of setting an international rate, by choosing between fixed and flexible. The debate on interest rate is a long standing one, with more and more countries implementing the flexible one."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Balladur, E., 1999, The International Monetary System: Facing the Challenge of Globalization, Peterson Institute for International Economics, http://www.iie.com/publications/papers/paper.cfm?ResearchID=347 last accessed on November 1, 2008
- Carstens, A., 2006, Challenges and Opportunities for the IMF, Website of the International Monetary Fund, http://internationalmonetaryfund.com/external/np/speeches/2006/052306.htm last accessed on November 1, 2008
- 2008, Trade Policy Reviews, Website of the World Trade Organization, http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/tpr_e/tpr_e.htm last accessed on November 1, 2008
- 2008, Trade Policy Reviews: Ensuring Transparency, Website of the World Trade Organization, http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/agrm11_e.htm last accessed on November 1, 2008
- 2008, What Is The International Monetary Fund? Investopedia, http://www.investopedia.com/articles/03/030703.asp last accessed on November 1, 2008
Cite this Cause and Effect Essay:
The Decision Making Process in the Global Context (2010, July 02) Retrieved July 06, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/cause-and-effect-essay/the-decision-making-process-in-the-global-context-128175/
"The Decision Making Process in the Global Context" 02 July 2010. Web. 06 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/cause-and-effect-essay/the-decision-making-process-in-the-global-context-128175/>