Offshore Oil Drilling and the Demand for Oil
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the positive and negative attributes of offshore drilling within the United States. it discusses the issues with offshore platforms, the potential overuse of energy and the skyrocketing costs of oil. It also discusses the potential for spills and ecological disasters. It concludes that it could have the possibility of growing the economy, but that if all estimates of oil reserves are correct, it would not make a difference for another 10 to 15 years.
From the Paper:"The boosted demand of oil within the industrialized states like the US have provoked debates on the importance an impact of offshore oil drilling instead of merely importing oil from the Middle East States like Saudi Arabia. This has led to many scientists and ecologists battle out on the overall pros and cons of offshore drilling on not only the environment but also the people and the economy. This paper will also focus on what the positives and negatives of offshore oil drilling could be within the context of the current demand and gas prices within the United States."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Daniels, B. Offshore Drilling: Pros and Cons. 2008.Taken from: http://www.411mania.com/politics/columns/81832
- Gertz, E. Can Offshore Drilling Really Make the U.S. Oil Independent? Even if U.S. energy policy goes "drill baby drill," there will be no escape from the vicissitudes of the global oil market. Scientific American. 2008.
- Gross, D. Drilling for Answers: Will we find the oil we need offshore? Newsweek, 18-06-2008.
- Parsley, J. Wellington chamber weighs pros, cons of offshore drilling. South Florida Sun-Sentinel. 2008.
- Stern, M. Ecological Concerns about US Offshore Oil Drilling. Global Ecology. 2008.
Cite this Cause and Effect Essay:
Offshore Oil Drilling and the Demand for Oil (2011, August 31) Retrieved February 19, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/cause-and-effect-essay/offshore-oil-drilling-and-the-demand-for-oil-148098/
"Offshore Oil Drilling and the Demand for Oil" 31 August 2011. Web. 19 February. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/cause-and-effect-essay/offshore-oil-drilling-and-the-demand-for-oil-148098/>