Emotional Responses to Products and Advertising
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper opens with a discussion on what motivates a purchaser to buy a certain product. While quality may be a factor, research has proven that emotion can play a large part in the equation. It touches on studies by Joseph LeDoux which focused on the relationship between emotional responses and a consumer's actions. It ends with a discussion on the image in an airline advertisement and how it plays to a persons emotions.
From the Paper:"Historically, it was believed that the satisfaction that a product yields is the most important determinant for which the buyers buy the product. However, a lot of research has been done to determine the different factors that encourage the buyers to purchase a product and among many factors, an emotion is one of the factors that are considered vital for the success of a product.
The literal meaning of the word emotion ``mental state of readiness'' that arises from cognitive appraisal of events is accompanied by physical processes such as posture, gesture of facial expression etc. Emotions, as discussed before is vital for the success of the business or an individual product. Many books have been written about the link between emotions and success of the marketing plans and it has been established that there is a positive relationship between the two.
LeDoux (1996) has developed an emotion-response model which seeks to explain the relationship between the consumer's actions and emotions involved in the marketing activities."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Prashanth Nyer. (1999). The Role of Emotions in Marketing. Retrieved: 2 Jan 2010.
- LeDoux, Joseph. 2000. The Emotional Brain: The Mysterious Underpinnings of Emotional Life. New York: Simon & Schuster
- Sociological Image.(2010). Singapore Airlines Ad. http://contexts.org/socimages/2009/03/14/singapore-girls-and-emotion-work/
- Utpal Dholakia. 1998. "Goal-Setting and Goal-Striving Consumer Behavior." Unpublished working paper, University of Michigan
- Dube, Laurette, Marie-Claude Belanger, and Elyse Trudeau. 1996. "The Role of Emotions in Health Care Satisfaction." Journal of Health Care Marketing 16 (Summer): 45-51.
Cite this Cause and Effect Essay:
Emotional Responses to Products and Advertising (2011, August 30) Retrieved December 05, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/cause-and-effect-essay/emotional-responses-to-products-and-advertising-148070/
"Emotional Responses to Products and Advertising" 30 August 2011. Web. 05 December. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/cause-and-effect-essay/emotional-responses-to-products-and-advertising-148070/>