$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper provides a literature review on total quality management (TQM) and looks at the adoption of TQM principles by Walt Disney Co. The paper demonstrates how, overall, Disney has been one of the model adopters of TQM concepts, despite the fact that its outputs are not so tangible. The paper asserts that Disney has shown that total quality management can be used in any setting.
From the Paper:"Total Quality Management (TQM) began as a movement to improve process quality. Frederick Taylor postulated that any process could be perfected. In order to achieve that perfection, the process had to be tested. The tests would find the deviations from perfection, allowing management the opportunity to rectify the problems. Over the years, the TQM model has been expanded and adapted to a wide range of processes. The same core principles, however, have remained. These are objectives, criteria and measurement. By setting specific performance objectives, defining measurement criteria and then evaluating outputs against those criteria, management can control the quality process."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Sims, Serbrenia J. & Sims, Ronald R. (no date). Total Quality Management in Higher Education. Retrieved February 10, 2009 from http://books.google.com/books?id=I5tBi3EJNfYC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0#PPA2,M1
- No author. (no date). Kano Model Analysis. University of Calgary. Retrieved February 10, 2009 from http://www.ucalgary.ca/~design/engg251/First%20Year%20Files/kano.pdf
- Schiffauerova, Andrea & Thomson, Vince. (2006). A Review of Research on Cost of Quality Models and Best Practices. McGill University. Retrieved February 10, 2009 from http://www.mcgill.ca/files/desautels/CoQModels-BestPractices.pdf
- Bower, Keith. (no date). Statistical Process Control. American Society for Quality. Retrieved February 10, 2009 from http://www.asq.org/learn-about-quality/statistical-process-control/overview/overview.html
- Dowie, Mark. (1977). Pinto Madness. Mother Jones Magazine Retrieved February 10, 2009 from http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/1977/09/dowie.html
Cite this Case Study:
Total Quality Management at Disney (2010, December 15) Retrieved August 06, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/total-quality-management-at-disney-146101/
"Total Quality Management at Disney" 15 December 2010. Web. 06 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/total-quality-management-at-disney-146101/>