The Thomson Corporation
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper examines the Thomson Corporation and its subsidiaries, which provides information services to business and professional customers worldwide. The paper looks at the roots of this company as well as their strategies, priorities and goals. The paper also discusses the Thomson Corporation's unprecedented takeover of news and data giant, Reuters.
From the Paper:"The Thomson Corporation and its subsidiaries, with headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, and operations in 37 countries, provide information services to business and professional customers worldwide. The family-owned organization operates through five business areas: Thomson Legal, Thomson Tax and Accounting, Thomson Financial, Thomson Scientific, and Thomson Healthcare. The Thomson Legal business division --- the company's most profitable business last year --- publishes legal textbooks and materials; provides software to assist lawyers with practice management functions; offers Internet-accessible legal directories; provides Web site creation and hosting services and law firm marketing solutions; offers strategic consulting advisory services; and provides textbooks, study aids, bar review courses, continuing education materials, and seminars. It delivers these premium products to the demanding legal industry."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Andrews, Peter. "Thompson-Reuters Deal Confirmed." Forbes. 23 October 2007 <http://www.forbes.com/technology/2007/05/15/cx_0515paidcontent.html>
- Kaplan, Peter. "Thomson-Reuters deal would raise U.S. antitrust issue." Reuters News. 23 Oct 2007 <http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge/idUSN0443007720070504>
- Prochnau, William. "In Lord Thomson's Realm." American Journalism Review October 1998: 44+.
- Rogers, Gareth. "Lord Who Ran Newspaper Empire in City." South Wales Echo 20 June 2006: 22.
- The Thomson Corporation Annual Report 2006.
Cite this Case Study:
The Thomson Corporation (2007, November 19) Retrieved February 03, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/the-thomson-corporation-99648/
"The Thomson Corporation" 19 November 2007. Web. 03 February. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/the-thomson-corporation-99648/>