The Future for Yahoo Stocks and Shareholders
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This essay is a business analysis of Yahoo, a large Internet portal whose stock has been dropping continually in the last three years, to determine the future outlook for stock holders. The essay outlines the background of the company, Yahoo's marketing strategy, the industry outlook, Yahoo's main competitors, the financial health of the company, its capital structure and the future outlook for the company. The article finds that the stock prices of Yahoo have been so battered by the failing economy that they are now a good buy. Further, the essay argues that another takeover bid will be offered and that many of the Yahoo shareholders will be looking to cash out.
From the Paper:"Economic prospects for the industry are moderate. Corporate ad spending is on the downslide as firms cut expenses in anticipation of a coming recession. This puts pressure on Yahoo and other firms, despite Yahoo's earlier plan to grow revenues 73% in the next three years by focusing on more ads, better search and more mobile capabilities . Ad spending cuts may increase the level of competitiveness, resulting in rate-cutting. It may also make it more difficult for internet portals to drive advertising growth in the coming year. That said, there is still room for growth at Yahoo."
Sample of Sources Used:
- No author. (2008). Yahoo 2007 Annual Report. Yahoo. Retrieved October 16, 2008 from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/YHOO/441607950x0x203947/94298975-2555-44a1-9b34-5f1e7ffac27e/2007Form10K.pdf
- Ratios, and 3-year stock performance information from Reuters. Retrieved October 16, 2008 from http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/ratios?symbol=YHOO.O
- Traffic information from Alexa.com. Retrieved October 16, 2008 from http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/yahoo.com
- Wearden, Graham & Lyons, Teena. (2008). Yahoo rejects Microsoft takeover bid. The Guardian. Retrieved October 16, 2008 from http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/feb/11/microsoft.technology
- Schonfeld, Erick. (2008). Yahoo's three-year plan: grow revenues 73% by focusing on display ads, mobile, better search. Tech Crunch. Retrieved October 16, 2008 from http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/03/18/yahoos-three-year-plan-grow-revenues-73-percent-by-focusing-on-display-ads-mobile-and-better-search/
Cite this Case Study:
The Future for Yahoo Stocks and Shareholders (2010, June 07) Retrieved May 16, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/the-future-for-yahoo-stocks-and-shareholders-120199/
"The Future for Yahoo Stocks and Shareholders" 07 June 2010. Web. 16 May. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/the-future-for-yahoo-stocks-and-shareholders-120199/>