SWOT Analysis of Motorola
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
Using the SWOT analysis, the paper first examines the strengths and weaknesses of the Motorola company such as their superior research and development and their 8.6 billion dollar debt at the end of 2007, respectively. The paper then goes on to examine the company's opportunities for financial growth and concludes with a discussion of potential threats to the company, such as their competitors.
From the Paper:"In the fourth quarter of 2007, the company was awarded contracts from the city of Atlanta and the Colombian Ministry of Defense. Sales were up 35% to $2.1 billion, compared to the same quarter a year ago, for the full year of 2007 sales were $7.7 billion, an increase of 43% compared to 2006. (Motorola, 2008) The company's in a unique position to capitalize on this worldwide growth with its expertise and superior products."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Hunger, J. D. & Wheelen, T. L. (2007) Essentials of Strategic Management, 4th Edition, Pearson - Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
- Motorola Incorporated (2008) Mobile Gaming, retrieved on March 7, 2008 from http://www.motorola.com/content.jsp?globalObjectId=8252
- Motorola Incorporated (2008) Motorola Announces Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year Sales and Earnings, retrieved on March 7, 2008 from http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/90/908/90829/items/276350/Q4%202007%20Earnings%20Press%20Release%20and%20Financial%20Tables%20FINAL.pdf
- Motorola Incorporated (2008) Research and Development, retrieved on March 7, 2008 from http://www.motorola.com/content.jsp?globalObjectId=6609-11663
- Karen Brettell (2008) Motorola Debt Risks Further Weakness, Reuters, February 1, 2008, retrieved on March 10, 2008 from http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge/idUSN0156649920080201
Cite this Case Study:
SWOT Analysis of Motorola (2009, October 11) Retrieved August 12, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/swot-analysis-of-motorola-116572/
"SWOT Analysis of Motorola" 11 October 2009. Web. 12 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/swot-analysis-of-motorola-116572/>