$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper examines the importance of situational leadership, particularly in education. The Polk County School District is the paper's object of focus, concentrating specifically on two elementary schools. The paper analyzes the resources, statistics, and environment of each school, contrasting the elements that affect performance and testing outcomes. The paper outlines a plan of action for leaders, and discusses how leadership styles affect leaders' approach to the various demands they encounter. The paper concludes that the all-important, human element of staff is often unseen when test scores are computed into raw data; the data that is produced as a result of high stakes testing often does not reflect what actually occurs in the classroom. This paper contains a scoring Instructional Quality Survey (IQS) and a Rubric worksheet.
From the Paper:"For example, the grade levels at RBW meet on a monthly basis, which accounts for a high morale and confidence. The staff at RBW has formed a cohesive community and strives to maintain a unified community. However, unlike the visibility of the administrators at Combee, the Principal and Assistant Principal at RBW are rarely seen on campus nor do they frequent the classrooms. When administration walks into the classroom, many of the students hesitate and tend to become anxious."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Combee Elementary (2009). Retrieved September 20, 2009, from http://www.polk-fl.net/schools/geninfo.asp?id=15
- Florida Department of Education (n.d.). No Child Left Behind. Retrieved September 20, 2009, from http://www.fldoe.org/nclb/
- Hershey, P., Blanchard, K., & Johnson, D. (2008). Management of Organizational Behavior (9th ed.). New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Polk County School Board (2009n.d.). Retrieved September 20, 2009, from http://www.polk-fl.net/
- R. Bruce Wagner Elementary (2009). Retrieved September 20, 2009, from http://www.polk-fl.net/schools/geninfo.asp?id=154
Cite this Case Study:
Situational Leadership - A Comparison of Two Schools (2010, November 07) Retrieved December 06, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/situational-leadership-a-comparison-of-two-schools-145396/
"Situational Leadership - A Comparison of Two Schools" 07 November 2010. Web. 06 December. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/situational-leadership-a-comparison-of-two-schools-145396/>