$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper outlines the ethical standards in school counseling and focuses on the ethical and legal aspects of confidentiality and privacy in this specific case. The paper looks at the issue of cultural diversity and how this patient's Hispanic background is a central variable in the cause and treatment of this disorder. The paper considers the legal aspects relating to cultural diversity and also discusses how this patient's antisocial and abusive behavior towards others may have a neurological component.
From the Paper:"An ethical and legal aspect that pertains to the case of Rosa is that of confidentiality and privacy. It is significant to point out that there is a difference between these concepts that is important to be aware of in this particular case. Related to the concept of confidentiality is the issue of privileged communication. The legal stance is that the information provided to school counselors should be kept confidential with a few general exceptions. These exceptions are: when the client is a danger to self or others; the client or parent requests that information be related to a third party; or, a court orders a counselor to disclose information (Huey, and Remley, 1990)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Conduct Disorder: AACAP. Retrieved February 27, 2009, from http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/conduct_disorder
- Conduct Disorder. Retrieved February 27, 2009, from http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/conduct+disorder
- Disruptive Behaviour Disorders. Retrieved February 27, 2009, fromhttp://www.adhd.com.au/conduct.html
- Huey, W and Remley T. (1990) .Ethical and Legal Issues in School Counseling. Highlights: An ERIC/CAPS Digest. Retrieved February 27, 2009, from http://www.ericdigests.org/pre-9214/legal.htm
- Policy statement: Provision of Educationally Related Services for Children and Adolescents With Chronic Diseases and Disabling Conditions. (2007). PEDIATRICS 119 (6). Retrieved February 27, 2009, from http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/pediatrics;119/6/1218
Cite this Case Study:
School Counseling: A Case Study (2010, December 07) Retrieved July 29, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/school-counseling-a-case-study-145921/
"School Counseling: A Case Study" 07 December 2010. Web. 29 July. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/school-counseling-a-case-study-145921/>