Nurse and Patient- A Conversational Analysis
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper describes an interview with a hospitalized patient detailing the responses to a listed range of questions. The paper presents the interview questions and the patient's responses in a tabulated report and then presents the writer's conclusions about the patient and the care he requires based on the report.
From the Paper:'Knowing that CHF and depression are linked, I wanted to understand if the depression had lasted for a long time, prior to the death of his wife and the moving away of his family. While it appeared that he had been overweight for a long time, the depression did not seem to have existed at this level before the death of his spouse two years ago."
Sample of Sources Used:
- De Kemp, R. A. T. and Van Acker, J. C. A., (1988), Therapist-Parent Interaction Patterns in Home-Based Treatments: Exploring Family Therapy Process. Journal of Advanced Nursing, pp. 401-404.
- Glass, S., 1997, April 22). Taste and Smell Loss: Risk for Disease? NIH Record. Retrieved on June 21, 2007 from http://www.nih.gov/news/NIH-Record/04_22_97/story02.htm
- Groenman, N. H., Buckenham, M., Slevin,O.,(2000). Social and Behavioral Sciences for Nurses, Nelson Thomas, London, p. 458
- Haffer, S.Y., Haffer, S, (2003). Exploring the Link between Depression and Nursing Home Admissions for People with Medicare: Results from a National Study, Abstracts of the Academy Health Meetings, abstract no. 381.
- Jiang, W. et al., (2001). Relationship of Depression to Increased Risk of Mortality and Rehospitalization in Patients with Congestive Heart Failure. Archives of Internal Medicine, pp. 1849-1856.
Cite this Case Study:
Nurse and Patient- A Conversational Analysis (2008, June 20) Retrieved June 25, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/nurse-and-patient-a-conversational-analysis-104674/
"Nurse and Patient- A Conversational Analysis" 20 June 2008. Web. 25 June. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/nurse-and-patient-a-conversational-analysis-104674/>