Nike's Marketing Strategy
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper explains how Nike has adopted a differentiation strategy and has successfully positioned itself as a premium product. The paper looks at Nike's sophisticated distribution network and its promotion strategy that has three main thrusts; its use of celebrity endorsements, its iconic advertising campaigns and the development of brand recognition. The paper concludes that Nike is one of the world's most successful marketers.
From the Paper:"Nike, the world's largest athletic wear company, has developed a sophisticated marketing strategy that supports its vision of inspiring athletes. At the core of their strategy is the concept, developed by co-founder Bill Bowerman, that "if you have a body, you are an athlete. " Much of Nike's marketing strategy flows from that statement, and the mission to inspire "athletes". The company develops inspiration through the development of high-end products. They have built a diverse line of complementary products to maximize the value of their brand. Nike products are available through many different channels. The promotional programs are comprehensive, cultivating and reinforcing Nike's positioning."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Nike 2008 Annual Report. Retrieved November 17, 2008, 2008 from http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/10/100529/Areports/ar_06/docs/10k.pdf
- Lowthian, Michaela. (1999). "Marketing Muscle". Willamette Week. Retrieved November 17, 2008 from http://wweek.com/html/25-nike.html
- Surowiecki, Jim. (1998). "The Trouble with Nike" Motley Fool. Retrieved November 17, 2008 from http://www.fool.com/Features/1998/sp980324TroubleWithNike.htm
- Parker, Mark. (2006). "Nike's Strategy for Winning the Footwear Game" Nike F1Q Conference Call Transcript retrieved November 17, 2008 from http://seekingalpha.com/article/17559-nike-s-strategy-for-winning-the-footwear-game
- Corporate author, Nike. (2008). "Company Overview" Nikebiz.com. Retrieved November 17, 2008 from http://www.nikebiz.com/company_overview/
Cite this Case Study:
Nike's Marketing Strategy (2010, August 18) Retrieved August 20, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/nike-marketing-strategy-128936/
"Nike's Marketing Strategy" 18 August 2010. Web. 20 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/nike-marketing-strategy-128936/>