Mattel, Toys and Corporate Culture
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this paper, the author explores how Mattel survived a massive toy recall, basing the company's continued existence on a corporate culture that encourages innovation and communication. The author describes the management structure at Mattel and how it supported the company through the recall. Literature is cited which highlights strong corporate management styles, and how Mattel fits this model. Finally, Mattel's approach to less bureaucracy and the responsibilities of upper management are examined.
The Impact on Mattel
The Impact on Mattel
From the Paper:"The managers at Mattel must have eliminated the beliefs, as well as, values that had been discouraging the utilization of innovation in a constructive way and promoted new values that assisted in the boost of not only production level but also company profits while taking into consideration the health and safety of its customers. The top management of Mattel must have had an outline site created for their business aims. Furthermore, they must have ascertained that they designate all corporate departments within the organization to help and contribute towards the achievement of those aims and objectives. It must not only have had an adaptive management setup but they also must have had introduced only those products in the market that ride well with their corporate values and culture. "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Daft, R. 1982. Bureaucratic Versus Nonbureaucratic Structure and the Process of Innovation and Change. In Bacharach, S. (Ed.), Research in the Sociology of Organizations, 1. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press.
- Davis, S. 1984. Managing Corporate Culture. Ballinger: Cambridge MA.
- Deal, T. & Kennedy, A. 1982. Corporate Cultures. Reading MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Gilbert, J. 1996. Managing Innovation: The Role of the General Manager. Review of Business. 17: 3.
- Hart, S. 1992. An Integrative Framework for Strategy-Making Processes. Academy of Management Review, 17(2): 327-351.
Cite this Case Study:
Mattel, Toys and Corporate Culture (2010, July 11) Retrieved August 23, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/mattel-toys-and-corporate-culture-128307/
"Mattel, Toys and Corporate Culture" 11 July 2010. Web. 23 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/mattel-toys-and-corporate-culture-128307/>