Hilton Hotels Corporation
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper analyzes the brand positioning, recognition and industry performance of the Hilton Hotels Corporation (HHC), as well as the marketing and evaluation strategies they have adopted. The paper applies a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats (SWOT) analysis to better assess the current status of HHC vis-a-vis other lodging hospitality companies, particularly Marriott. The paper discusses how the results of a SWOT analysis can contribute to the company's performance and branding efficiency. The paper concludes with recommended action plans.
From the Paper:"Brand extension became possible for HHC, through mergers and acquisitions. Among the brands acquired by the HHC are Hampton Inn, Doubletree, Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites. As a result of this brand extension, HHC has also expanded its service coverage, which now includes conference centers, airport hotels, destination resorts, apart from its usual center hotels and all-suite hotels services. Thus, business expansion is inevitable for HHC. Through its acquisitions, HHC is now known as not only an owner of a hotel chain, but also as manager to other hotels, owned through the Hilton brand. These strategies helped HHC became a well-known hotel brand internationally, especially among countries wherein Hilton has no recall or recognition as a hotel brand. Acquiring existing, popular hotels in an international territory helped Hilton be recognized as a superior and prestigious hotel brand, in effect."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Barsky, J. & L. Nash. (2006). "Companies update loyalty programs, increase effectiveness." Hotel & Motel Management.
- Feiertag, H. (2006). "Quality customer service supports sales effort." Hotel & Motel Management.
- McMullen, S. (2006). "Online concierge services help build loyalty." Hotel & Motel Management.
- Simon, E. (2006). "Luxury segment popularity increases with economics." Hotel & Motel Management.
- Withiam, G. (2006). "Investing in front-line service employees pays off." Hotel & Motel Management.
Cite this Case Study:
Hilton Hotels Corporation (2007, October 25) Retrieved April 21, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/case-study/hilton-hotels-corporation-98944/
"Hilton Hotels Corporation" 25 October 2007. Web. 21 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/case-study/hilton-hotels-corporation-98944/>